AIT's Kakaaki presenter, Ohimai Amaize leaves Nigeria over death threats
Connect with us

Metro

AIT’s Kakaaki presenter, Ohimai Amaize leaves Nigeria over death threats

Published

on

On-air personality, Ohimai Amaize, has fled Nigeria on exile over threats and concerns he was going to be arrested and framed for treason and incitement by the administration of Muhammadu Buhari.

The presenter popularly called MrFixNigeria is the one anchoring the popular Kakaaki Social on African Independent Television (AIT).

Recall that the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) had earlier suspended the licenses of the broadcast station for working against the code and Kakaaki Social was one f the programme the commission warned AIT about.

The commission complained that some comments made on the programme could incite violence and it is heating up the polity.

DAAR Communication, the owner of AIT, Raypower FM, Faaji FM had to go to the court to seek legal redress and got a favourable judgement which made them come back on air a day later.

The commission had lamented that the station is still doing the same thing that is against the NBC code again after coming back on air.

Before joining the broadcast outfit, Amaize was Special Advisor on Media Strategy to Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, while he was the Minister of State for Defence.

The journalist, who served as Research Assistant to a former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Nuhu Ribadu and later a campaign aide spokesperson to the presidential campaign of Dele Momodu, the publisher of Ovation Magazine between 2010-2011.

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  • 11
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    11
    Shares
  • 11
    Shares

A senior editor at NIGERIA NEWS who loves writing complemented with gripping images. A graduate of Mass communication at LASU. I can be contacted at mojeed@nigerianewsng.com

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro

Rape Scandal: PFN is Given 2 Weeks To Complete Investigation On Fatoyinbo

Published

on

Pastor-Biodun-Fatoyinbo and PFN

The leaders in CAN has handed PFN -Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria a two weeks ultimatum to finalize the investigation on the accusation of rape against Biodun Fatoyinbo.

PFN had put together a board to investigate the accusation of rape by famous photographer Busola Dakolo against Fatoyinbo.

Busola, who is the wife of famous musician, Timi, had revealed how Fatoyinbo supposedly violated her when she was a teenager.

However, Fatoyinbo rejected the false claim, stating that in his career he had never imposed himself against any woman.

However, at a press briefing in Abuja on Thursday, CAN leader Dr Samson Ayokunle stated that the body had taken a position toward Fatoyinbo in the alleged sexual assault circumstance.

He said the accusation stayed an accusation, no matter how bad it might be, until demonstrated otherwise.

Dr. Ayokunle said:

”We have told you without mincing words that we will never support immorality in whatever form, it is alien to the culture of the church, to the teachings of Christ.

”And there is no pulpit that I know in Nigeria that the members are taught immorality, but we will not condemn until we have reasons to condemn, let the panel come out with the result let’s know what the truth is.

”I told you in the press release we issued that we have given the right to Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN), because we don’t deal with individual churches, we deal with blocs.

”We have directed PFN, an arm of a bloc, which is also large enough to investigate that matter. I am telling you under God that PFN has set up that panel and that panel had been given two weeks within which to submit its report,

”Not only that, the two individuals involved have been invited by the committee and we are assuring them that nothing will be covered.”

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Metro

Resolve traffic problem by completing light rail project, Fashola tells Sanwo-Olu

Published

on

A former Lagos governor, Babatunde Fashola (SAN), has asked incumbent governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu to complete the Blue Line rail and repair bad roads to resolve the problem of traffic in the state.

The former minister of Works, Power and Housing said the completion of the Blue Line, which was started by his administration, would decongest traffic on the roads and make transportation faster.

The former governor made the call on Thursday at the 4th Traffic Radio Lecture Series in Lagos.

Fashola who stated that his administration had procured one coach which it planned to test run noted that the coach, which would carry 1,200 passengers at once, had been paid for.

While acknowledging that the project was capital intensive, he said Sanwo-Olu needed to prioritise it because of the benefits the people and the government would derive from its completion.

“Your government should prioritise completion of the Blue Line project, it will give relief,” he said.

He, therefore, appealed to the Federal Government to support to Lagos on the project and other cities that have a similar project to ease transportation.

While charging the government to bring back the Lagos Public Works Corporation (LPWC) to repair bad roads in the state, Fashola stated that this would, apart from easing transportation, provide jobs for many people.

Reacting, Lagos Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Obafemi Hamzat, who was present at the lecture, said the current government had started working on the issues raised by Fashola.

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  • 1
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    1
    Share
  • 1
    Share
Continue Reading
Advertisement

contact us

email for nigerianews

NigeriaNews_net

Advertisement

Trending