Election Tribunal: Buhari And APC Unexpectedly Ends Defence Today | Nigeria News
Connect with us

Metro

Election Tribunal: Buhari And APC Unexpectedly Ends Defence Today

Published

on

buhari election tribunal

President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress (APC) have closed their case at the election tribunal hearing of the petition brought by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) challenging Mr Buhari’s election.

The president and his party made this known at the continuation of the presidential election petition tribunal on Thursday.

The lawyer representing Mr Buhari, Wole Olanipekun, announced the decision of his client to close their case, at the opening of the session on Thursday.

He told the court that they were satisfied with the information already before the court and were subsequently convinced of the need to close their case.

Mr Olanipekun said they took the decision after studying all the documents presented by the PDP and other matters that had arose in the trial.

Mr. Olanipekun said:

“We have studied the hardware and the software of the petition: the evidences presented by the petitioners vis-a-vis the issues arising and the evidences we have also adduced.

“We are very satisfied with the evidences we have led and we will be closing our case,” 

The APC also argued that the evidence presented by the PDP helped its submission.

According to the APC lawyer, Lateef Fagbemi, his clients were eternally in grateful to the PDP.

“Normally it is the turn of the third respondent to open our case. I have thought about it. If I am grateful to chief Olanipekun, I am entirely grateful to the petitioners. With respect, having reviewed our petition, there is no point to indulge in an overkill exercise,”

“For the third respondents, we are satisfied with the cross-examination and evidences tendered in this case. As the leader, I announce the closure of the third respondent’s case.”

Mr Buhari had opened his defence on Tuesday, after the PDP closed its case.

Mr Buhari presented seven witnesses who all focused on proving his educational qualifications during their defence.

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

I am Olarewaju, A university graduate, I love writing and delivering useful information for the major populace. An editor at NIGERIA NEWS, you can email me at olarewaju@nigeianews.net

Metro

JUST IN: Abducted Pastors Of RCCG Has Been Rescued

Published

on

Abducted RCCG pastors freed

The Ogun State Police Command has previously verified that one of the survivors of the abducted, Mrs. Ibelegbo Chidinma, who is by the way the only lady among them, was saved unhurt.

The RCCG Deaconess initially recovered her liberty in the early hour of today, August 3, 2019, and is presently at the main offices of the Command in Abeokuta where arrangements are being designed to take her to the Redemption Camp.

At that time, a statement by DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi of the Ogun state police command , stated that the command wish to assure the general public that the remaining victims will soon be rescued.

Shortly afterwards, The Command said it has rescued four other victims abducted on Thursday around J3 forest on Ogbere road, in Ijebu-East Local Government Area of the state.

One of the victims, Mrs. Ibelegbo Chidimma was rescued earlier on Saturday

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi disclosed the rescue effort in a terse statement.

He said,

“The remaining four victims have been rescued unhurt by men of Ogun State police command.”

Oyeyemi had earlier said, “Efforts are on top gear to rescue the remaining victims, as the kidnappers who kept them in separate locations were changing their locations from time to time within the forest.”

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Metro

#FreeSowore: How My Boss Was Taken By DSS This Morning – Sowore’s Driver

Published

on

How DSS operatives capture Sowore

So many people are still wondering how and why Omoyele Sowore was detained this morning. The presidential candidate of African Action Congress (AAC) in the just concluded election was taken by the  was detained by DSS this morning.

It is presumed that he was detained for establishing and promoting the upcoming ‘# RevolutionNow’ protest. The protest which was slated to begin on August 5, was created to tackle the lackadaisical attitude the government of President Muhammadu Buhari.

In a tweet, Sowore had said:

“#RevolutionNow is for the oppressed to choose a date they desire for liberty, not subjected to the approval of the oppressor”.

After statistically calculating the entire amount of people promoting the hashtag ‘# RevolutionNow’ and seeing clearly what it could cause, DSS swiftly took action on Saturday’s early hours, invaded Sowore’s home and detained him.

According to TheCable, Sowore’s driver who was at the scene of the arrested narrated the tale,

The driver had said:

“At around past 1am, the armed men knocked on the door. I noticed immediately that these knocks were strange. And didn’t open. I looked and I saw men armed to the teeth,” he wrote.

“They started forcing their way in like armed robbers. But I knew they were DSS men, knowing fully well the attention RevolutionNow has garnered. Sowore wanted to open at first but I immediately told him who they are. He retreated and like magic, he was not in the room when they forced their way in- 8 of them.

“That was when he managed to tweet. By this time, I had been beaten and handcuffed. Phones were snatched from me. An order to block all exits came from the leader when Sowore was not found inside. He was later arrested at the gym in a gestapo manner and dragged after a bit altercation.”

“I quickly seized that opportunity to drive his car (I drive him) to block their SIENNA and Hilux they came in. They hit the Lexus Jeep like kidnappers would do to make way for themselves,” he wrote.

“I followed them immediately till we got to CMD road around Ketu when one of them came down from the SIENNA and corked his gun, threatening to shoot me. I had to escape at that point.”

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading
Advertisement

contact us

email for nigerianews

NigeriaNews_net

Advertisement

Trending