Former Nigeria international Victor Moses has been allocated his preferred shirt number 11 at Fenerbahce ahead of the 2019-2020 season.
In the second half of last season, the winger wore the number 8 kit following his 18-month loan move from Chelsea.
Moses who has switched shirt number from 8 to 11 and wore the number in pre-season games against Boluspor, Bursaspor, Wolfsburg, Hertha BSC and Bayern Munich.
Turkey international Mehmet Ekici wore the number 11 on the back of his shirt for Fernabahce last season but he is now in the possession of the number 8 kit worn by the Nigerian last season.
Although Moses is predominantly a right-winger, his preferred jersey number is 11 and he played with the number during his time with the Super Eagles, Crystal Palace and Wigan Athletic.
The 28-year-old played with the number 12 at Liverpool, wore the number 13 and 20 jerseys at Stoke City and West Ham respectively.
Fenerbahce coach Ersun Yanal has charged on loan Chelsea winger Victor Moses to be more productive in the new season.
The 28-year-old ended the 2018-19 season with four goals in 14 matches, after making a January transfer to the Istanbul based club.
In a private conversation with the former Nigerian international and Cape Verde star Garry Rodrigues, manager Yanal advised the duo to be close to the penalty area.
‘With your performance, you can determine the fate of the season for us,” Yanal was quoted as saying by SuperFB.
”I will speak openly, so far form is not enough. Both of you have a very high capacity. I expect you to be more productive. I believe you will get better every day.”
Moses was shipped out of Stamford Bridge last season after getting limited playing time under Maurizio Sarri and seems not to be returning to play under new manager, Frank Lampard.
JUST IN: Abducted Pastors Of RCCG Has Been Rescued
The Ogun State Police Command has previously verified that one of the survivors of the abducted, Mrs. Ibelegbo Chidinma, who is by the way the only lady among them, was saved unhurt.
The RCCG Deaconess initially recovered her liberty in the early hour of today, August 3, 2019, and is presently at the main offices of the Command in Abeokuta where arrangements are being designed to take her to the Redemption Camp.
At that time, a statement by DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi of the Ogun state police command , stated that the command wish to assure the general public that the remaining victims will soon be rescued.
Shortly afterwards, The Command said it has rescued four other victims abducted on Thursday around J3 forest on Ogbere road, in Ijebu-East Local Government Area of the state.
One of the victims, Mrs. Ibelegbo Chidimma was rescued earlier on Saturday
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi disclosed the rescue effort in a terse statement.
“The remaining four victims have been rescued unhurt by men of Ogun State police command.”
Oyeyemi had earlier said, “Efforts are on top gear to rescue the remaining victims, as the kidnappers who kept them in separate locations were changing their locations from time to time within the forest.”
#FreeSowore: How My Boss Was Taken By DSS This Morning – Sowore’s Driver
So many people are still wondering how and why Omoyele Sowore was detained this morning. The presidential candidate of African Action Congress (AAC) in the just concluded election was taken by the was detained by DSS this morning.
It is presumed that he was detained for establishing and promoting the upcoming ‘# RevolutionNow’ protest. The protest which was slated to begin on August 5, was created to tackle the lackadaisical attitude the government of President Muhammadu Buhari.
In a tweet, Sowore had said:
“#RevolutionNow is for the oppressed to choose a date they desire for liberty, not subjected to the approval of the oppressor”.
After statistically calculating the entire amount of people promoting the hashtag ‘# RevolutionNow’ and seeing clearly what it could cause, DSS swiftly took action on Saturday’s early hours, invaded Sowore’s home and detained him.
According to TheCable, Sowore’s driver who was at the scene of the arrested narrated the tale,
The driver had said:
“At around past 1am, the armed men knocked on the door. I noticed immediately that these knocks were strange. And didn’t open. I looked and I saw men armed to the teeth,” he wrote.
“They started forcing their way in like armed robbers. But I knew they were DSS men, knowing fully well the attention RevolutionNow has garnered. Sowore wanted to open at first but I immediately told him who they are. He retreated and like magic, he was not in the room when they forced their way in- 8 of them.
“That was when he managed to tweet. By this time, I had been beaten and handcuffed. Phones were snatched from me. An order to block all exits came from the leader when Sowore was not found inside. He was later arrested at the gym in a gestapo manner and dragged after a bit altercation.”
“I quickly seized that opportunity to drive his car (I drive him) to block their SIENNA and Hilux they came in. They hit the Lexus Jeep like kidnappers would do to make way for themselves,” he wrote.
“I followed them immediately till we got to CMD road around Ketu when one of them came down from the SIENNA and corked his gun, threatening to shoot me. I had to escape at that point.”