NUPENG Meets With NNPC To Stop Strike Action And Fuel Scarcity | Nigeria News
Connect with us

Metro

NUPENG Meets With NNPC To Stop Strike Action And Fuel Scarcity

Published

on

NNPC to end Fuel Scarcity

There is an ongoing meeting taking place in Abuja to resolve the Fuel scarcity. The Nigeria National Petroleum Company and Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers are in talks to prevent an industrial intervention as a consequence of NUPENG’s seven-day notification to the Federal Government on Wednesday.

NUPENG had requested the FG to obligate Chevron Nigeria Limited to honor the contract agreed with the association on 20 June 2019, stating that its participants would go on strike if the contract were not honored in seven days ‘ time.

NUPENG President Williams Akporeha said that NNPC had acted on the ultimatum and that a conference was planned.

Mr. Akporeha said:

“Because of the ultimatum we issued yesterday (Wednesday), NNPC has stepped in as a mediator in the issues we raised. A meeting was scheduled and we are at the meeting venue and discussion is on now. Further directives will be issued after the meeting.”

A statement signed by Akporeha and General Secretary of NUPENG, Afolabi Olawale, on the ultimatum said,

“NUPENG, with deep frustration and worries, would like to alert the general public and all relevant authorities of the blatant violation of agreement reached between Chevron Nigeria Limited and unions in the industry.

“It is public knowledge that unions in the oil and gas industry had a protracted negotiation with Chevron Nigeria Limited over 70 per cent labour manpower reduction which it (Chevron) claimed was required in view of reduction in their operations in the oil and gas Industry.

“After up to one year negotiation, brokered by Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC; National Petroleum Investment Management Services, NAPIMS, and Ministry of Labour, it was agreed that considering the intervention of all the institutions mentioned above and the various justifications made, only 30 per cent of the labour manpower contract workers will be relieved.

‘’Of the 1,856 contract workers in the company, NUPENG has 1,120; PENGASSAN, 213; and non-unionised, 523. It was agreed that the 30 per cent reduction shall be spread in equal percentage among the three groups. “It was also agreed that union executives (NUPENG and PENGASSAN) will not be affected by the reduction, that Chevron Nigeria Limited will not in any guise change the labour manpower to service contracts.

“Unfortunately, immediately after the agreement was reached, Chevron started executing the exercise in blatant violation of the agreed terms, ostensibly to either put NUPENG in bad light as troublesome or for extinction because only NUPENG members have been exited from work, leaving behind the Non- Unionised workers and PENGASSAN members.

“From our record, over 500 of NUPENG members are being sacked. Having been pushed to the wall, NUPENG, hereby, puts all our members on red alert should Chevron Nigeria Limited and its contractors fail to honour or comply with our demands within the next seven days, we would also not hesitate to take all necessary legal options available to us, including industrial actions, to press home our legitimate demands.”

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

I am Olarewaju, A university graduate, I love writing and delivering useful information for the major populace. An editor at NIGERIA NEWS, you can email me at olarewaju@nigeianews.net

Metro

JUST IN: Abducted Pastors Of RCCG Has Been Rescued

Published

on

Abducted RCCG pastors freed

The Ogun State Police Command has previously verified that one of the survivors of the abducted, Mrs. Ibelegbo Chidinma, who is by the way the only lady among them, was saved unhurt.

The RCCG Deaconess initially recovered her liberty in the early hour of today, August 3, 2019, and is presently at the main offices of the Command in Abeokuta where arrangements are being designed to take her to the Redemption Camp.

At that time, a statement by DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi of the Ogun state police command , stated that the command wish to assure the general public that the remaining victims will soon be rescued.

Shortly afterwards, The Command said it has rescued four other victims abducted on Thursday around J3 forest on Ogbere road, in Ijebu-East Local Government Area of the state.

One of the victims, Mrs. Ibelegbo Chidimma was rescued earlier on Saturday

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi disclosed the rescue effort in a terse statement.

He said,

“The remaining four victims have been rescued unhurt by men of Ogun State police command.”

Oyeyemi had earlier said, “Efforts are on top gear to rescue the remaining victims, as the kidnappers who kept them in separate locations were changing their locations from time to time within the forest.”

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Metro

#FreeSowore: How My Boss Was Taken By DSS This Morning – Sowore’s Driver

Published

on

How DSS operatives capture Sowore

So many people are still wondering how and why Omoyele Sowore was detained this morning. The presidential candidate of African Action Congress (AAC) in the just concluded election was taken by the  was detained by DSS this morning.

It is presumed that he was detained for establishing and promoting the upcoming ‘# RevolutionNow’ protest. The protest which was slated to begin on August 5, was created to tackle the lackadaisical attitude the government of President Muhammadu Buhari.

In a tweet, Sowore had said:

“#RevolutionNow is for the oppressed to choose a date they desire for liberty, not subjected to the approval of the oppressor”.

After statistically calculating the entire amount of people promoting the hashtag ‘# RevolutionNow’ and seeing clearly what it could cause, DSS swiftly took action on Saturday’s early hours, invaded Sowore’s home and detained him.

According to TheCable, Sowore’s driver who was at the scene of the arrested narrated the tale,

The driver had said:

“At around past 1am, the armed men knocked on the door. I noticed immediately that these knocks were strange. And didn’t open. I looked and I saw men armed to the teeth,” he wrote.

“They started forcing their way in like armed robbers. But I knew they were DSS men, knowing fully well the attention RevolutionNow has garnered. Sowore wanted to open at first but I immediately told him who they are. He retreated and like magic, he was not in the room when they forced their way in- 8 of them.

“That was when he managed to tweet. By this time, I had been beaten and handcuffed. Phones were snatched from me. An order to block all exits came from the leader when Sowore was not found inside. He was later arrested at the gym in a gestapo manner and dragged after a bit altercation.”

“I quickly seized that opportunity to drive his car (I drive him) to block their SIENNA and Hilux they came in. They hit the Lexus Jeep like kidnappers would do to make way for themselves,” he wrote.

“I followed them immediately till we got to CMD road around Ketu when one of them came down from the SIENNA and corked his gun, threatening to shoot me. I had to escape at that point.”

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading
Advertisement

contact us

email for nigerianews

NigeriaNews_net

Advertisement

Trending