Recruitment: Police Service Commission releases names of shortlisted candidates
Connect with us

National

Recruitment: Police Service Commission releases names of shortlisted candidates

Published

on

400 Level Medical Student Is Linked To A Cult Group, Having Arrested

As part of the procedure for the employment of new personnel into the Nigeria Police Force (NPF), the Police Service Commission (PSC) has finally released the full list of candidates shortlisted for its 2019 recruitment.

In a statement published on its official website, on Sunday, June 23.

The statement revealed that screening of shortlisted applicants for recruitment into the Nigeria Police Force as Constables will begin on Monday, July 1, 2019, in the 36 States of the federation and the Federal capital territory Abuja.

It further stated that letters of invitation to successful applicants are currently being sent to the email accounts used by applicants when they applied.

“Applicants are required to check their email accounts to confirm that they have been shortlisted for the screening exercise and also to confirm the date, venue and time for screening.

“All relevant information concerning the recruitment exercise are contained in the letters of invitation.’

The PSC also advised the applicants to check for their names and other relevant information in their respective State Police Command, Police Service Commission website; www.psc.org.ng and www.nigeriapolicecareers.net

Successful applicants can check their names here.

The PSC had said it remains committed to improving the services of the Nigeria police.

Chairman of the commission, Alhaji Musiliu Smith, a retired Inspector General of Police said the Commission was aware of the state of insecurity in the country, but noted that the Inspector General and his Management team should not be discouraged, adding that the Commission was ready to assist in finding an enduring solution.

Police had been understaffed for a while. With the recruitment plan, it is expected that the number of hands required to perform the needed task will be enough from those shortlisted.

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  • 45
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    45
    Shares
  • 45
    Shares

A senior editor at NIGERIA NEWS who loves writing complemented with gripping images. A graduate of Mass communication at LASU. I can be contacted at mojeed@nigerianewsng.com

National

El-Zakzaky: Desist from violence, await court decision, Presidency tells Shiites

Published

on

Shiite

The Presidency appeals to members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN) popularly known as Shiiteto desist from needless violent street protests and await the decision of the court in Kaduna state where their leader Ibrahim El-Zakzak, is currently being tried.

Recall that Shiite members took to the street, overpowered the security at the National Assembly gate and injuring some security personnel in the process.

Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity in a statement in Abuja noted that El-ZakZaky’s case is before the court in Kaduna and his supporters should focus on his on-going trial instead of causing daily damages, disruptions and public nuisance in Abuja.

“It is wrong to be in court and resort to violence at the same time in order to get justice for anybody accused.

“The destruction of public property in the name of protest is not within the right of this group of Shiite members and no government anywhere would have tolerated a situation where any group would take over public roads in cities as they have done in Abuja and interfere with the rights of other citizens who are prevented from reaching their destinations.

“We imagine a situation where families are taking their loved ones to hospital for emergency treatment and they are held up needlessly by the protesters. No government anywhere in the world would turn a blind eye to this unlawful behavior.”

He further pointed that as far as this country’s Ministry of Justice is concerned, the case involving El-Zakzaky is no longer in its domain.

“The Federal Government no more has hands in the matter and to that extent, the government at the centre can be, “said to be clear of any alleged violations of court orders as being trumpeted every day.

“These rallies and street dances ostensibly to openly insult the President and other leaders, threatening bloodshed will lead nowhere because President Buhari will not ask the country’s judiciary to abandon due process and set a suspect free.

“At the same time, the administration is determined to enforce the decision of the court clearly issued. The Buhari administration has absolutely no hand in the on-going court case and the courts are free to determine the bail request and the final outcome.”

While pointing that mentality allegedly being showed by the Shiites that they are above the law and that their rights are superior to other people’s rights is unacceptable.

“You can’t be provoking other citizens by interfering with their own rights on public roads and disrupting their businesses and call it democratic freedom. In democratic traditions, their rights end where the rights of others begin.

“Law-abiding citizens must avoid deliberate lawlessness. It is not within the rights of any group to enter protected public institutions such as the National Assembly by force to attack police and destroy public and private property.

“It is always advisable to embrace dialogue and eschew violence in all our actions so that we can continue to live together in peace.

“We, therefore, appeal to the Shiite group to stop deliberate provocations that result in violence and fatalities and allow the trial of El-ZakZaky to take its course.”

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

BREAKING

JUST IN: 3 Soldiers and Colonel Died In A Boko Haram Ambush -Army

Published

on

Boko Haram

The Nigerian Army has verified the murder of an Army Colonel and a Captain in an attack on the border of nations of Borno / Yobe by Boko Haram rebels.

In a message, the Deputy Director of Army Public affairs, in control of the northeastern 212 Battalion, Col Ado Isa said the accident occurred when the soldiers were in hot pursuit of terrorist groups who came to assault a military base.

He said the ambush also murdered three troops, while the defense minister, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, exchanged words with the fallen heroes ‘ relatives.

The Army General said:

“Troops of 212 Battalion deployed at Forward Operating Base (FOB) Jakana, on Wednesday 17Th July 2019 dealt with and neutralised unconfirmed number of Boko Haram/ISWAP Terrorists when they woefully attempted to infiltrate their base in dire need for logistics.

“The terrorists came at about 1845 hours in 7 Gun Trucks and fought fiercely to infiltrate the camp, but the attack was thwarted with heavy fire and bombardment by the gallant and patriotic troops who were vigilant and battle-ready.

“The terrorists couldn’t bear the firepower any longer after losing a significant number of both equipment and personnel in an exchange of fire.

“They lost initiative and withdrew in disarray along the Benisheikh – Damaturu axis, – abandoning a damaged utility Gun truck which was earmarked to convey looted items.

“Troops immediately followed in hot pursuit and the following items were captured:

1 x Anti Aircraft Gun

2 x Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) Tubes

2 x AK 47 Rifles

15 x Machine Gun rounds

“Sadly, a Colonel and a Captain, as well as 3 soldiers on transit from Maiduguri to Damaturu, run into an ambush staged by the routed/fleeing terrorists from the Jakana axis which led to their unfortunate death.

“The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Buratai while commiserating with the families of the fallen heroes reiterated that “Personnel of the Nigerian Army will never be deterred in the ongoing noble and patriotic fight against terrorism and insurgency in the North East”.

“He further commended the efforts of the entire troops in the theatre and charged them to remain focus, highly committed and professional in the discharge of their constitutional roles.

“The sacrifices of the fallen heroes in the ongoing fight against terrorism and insurgency is no doubt painful to all, but that will further spur us to do more to ensure that our country remains secured, peaceful and free from terrorist activities for the overall interest of the nation.”

Please share this info from NIGERIA NEWS, it is VERY important for all
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading
Advertisement

contact us

email for nigerianews

NigeriaNews_net

Advertisement

Trending